You are not logged in [Login]
List of my Apple Dashboard widgets:
M-Budget Mobile SMS
I could develop this widget for M-Budget Mobile after they've seen my Orange.ch SMS widget and wanted something similar for their mobile network.
M-Budget Mobile customers can send a total 5 of free SMS per day using this widget or using the homepage. It has the same features as the Orange.ch SMS widget except of SSL support.
More information and download link
This widgets allows customers of Orange S.A. Switzerland to send free SMS to any Swiss mobile number!
- Sending free SMS to all Swiss networks
- Splitting long texts into several SMS
- Seamless integration of Apple Addressbook!
Enter e.g. "da fi" into the recipients field, then press enter. The widget will then insert the mobile phone number of Daniel Fischer into the recipients field.
- An orange.ch account (you must be customer of Orange S.A. Switzerland)
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
Notes and Hints
- Recipients and message will be colored red, if there was a submission error. They are colored green, if the SMS has been sent successfully.
- You can enter you orange.ch login information by clicking on the small info icon in the upper right corner.
- The widget also supports SSL. You can switch it on by switching to the preferences pane and then checking "Use SSL".
Credits and important notes
- This widget is not officially supported or promoted by Orange S.A. Switzerland. It is a private project of me, Christoph Studer.
- You may use this widget for free. If you want to copy and/or release it, ask first for permission!
- Addressbook integration based on Scott Stevenson's abtool.
Download Version 0.2 (87KB)
New things in v0.2
- The widget is now a Universal Widget (native PPC/Intel)
- Added SSL support (deactivated by default)
- Addressbook search also works with special characters
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger is required. If you’re using Safari, click the download link. When the widget download is complete, show Dashboard, click the Plus sign to display the Widget Bar and click the widget’s icon in the Widget Bar to open it.
If you’re using a browser other than Safari, click the download link. When the widget download is complete, unarchive it and place it in /Library/Widgets/ in your home folder. show Dashboard, click the Plus sign to display the Widget Bar and click the widget’s icon in the Widget Bar to open it.
Front / Back
- Bug: Choose smaller font size for long notifications or use ellipsis sign ('...').
- Bug: Don't show "(null)" for non-specified first or last names.
- Add: Show version number in preferences pane
- Add: Addressbook integration for multiple recipients. I.e. autocomplete an input such as
- Add: SMS counter
- Add: donation link ;)
- Something missing? Write me!